The Vineyards Residence and its affiliates (collectively, “The Vineyards”) are committed to properly managing all personal information of visitors to this website (the “Site”).
The practices set out in this privacy statement (the “Statement”) seek to balance the individual rights to privacy in their personal information and The Vineyards’ need to collect, use or disclose personal information for legitimate business purposes.
- The Vineyards is accountable for personal information within our control.
- The purpose for collecting your personal information is made clear at or before the time it is collected.
- We obtain consent before collecting, using, or disclosing your personal information, except where it is inappropriate (e.g., where we are required to do otherwise by law).
- We will limit the collection of your personal information to that which is necessary for our business operations. Such personal information will only be collected in a fair lawful manner.
- Unless you provide your prior consent, we will only use the personal information you provide us for its original intended purpose. We will only retain your information for as long as it is necessary for those purposes.
- Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for its intended purpose.
- The Vineyards will take all necessary safeguards to protect your personal information.
- We will at all times be open with you about regarding our privacy practices as they relate to your personal information.
- We will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to any limitations imposed by law.
- Should you have any questions regarding your personal information or your privacy, please feel free to contact at us as described below.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is collected by The Vineyards whenever you provide it to us, be it verbally or in writing, in person or using technology (e.g., a computer). We may also collect your IP address when you access our website, as well as other details, including but not limited to traffic and location data.
We may also receive Personal Information from our dealings with third parties such as hospitals and government agencies, provided that they confirm to us that they have obtained your consent.
We collect Personal Information primarily to:
- Provide individuals with health care and related services;
- Provide statistical analysis;
- Process payments on account; and
- Meet any and all relevant regulatory, legal, or other business requirements;
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we are required to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for services rendered by us, we will ensure that those third parties agree to only use your Personal Information in a manner comparable to that adopted by us, and in a manner which is permitted by law.
Your Personal Information may be accessed or stored in another province or another jurisdiction than where it was collected, and will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
The Vineyards will retain your Personal Information for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected, subject to legislative requirements regarding retention. We will use secure means to dispose your Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
“Cookies” are small files saved to your computer as you browse the internet. They store information about how you interact with the websites you visit. Cookies do not collect any information stored on your computer or device or in your files, and cannot directly identify you as a person.
- Showing relevant advertising;
- Learning more about the way you interact with our website;
- Helping us improve your experience when visiting our websites;
- Remembering your language and regional preferences; and
- To identify errors and resolve them
CORRECTIONS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not routinely update Personal Information, unless it is necessary for us to do so for the purposes it was collected. Please inform The Vineyards of any changes to your name, address, and other identifying information. You can request to view your information by writing to the Privacy Officer at the address below. Such requests will be honoured within the applicable legislative timeframes, unless there are legal, safety, or regulatory requirements that prevent us from granting permission to view your records. You can request changes to your personal information where our records are inaccurate.